The Perfect Side
There’s always the question, “What side goes with…?” Whether it’s Beef, Chicken, Fish or Pork you really can’t go wrong with potatoes…at least not in my family. We love Loaded Baked Potatoes and Cheesy Smashed Potatoes, so I decided to make Loaded Smash Potatoes. It’s pretty easy to make and your family will love it and you.
I used the famous Russet Baking Potatoes. You’ll only need a couple of these to make a dozen or so of Loaded Smashed Potatoes. Wash your potatoes well and slice them into 1in pieces. Place the cut potatoes into a pot and fill with water to boil on a medium high heat. It will only take about 15 minutes before they are fork tender. Be careful not to over boil your potatoes, because you’ll bake them for another 5 to 7 minutes. Add a generous amount of salt to flavor the potatoes…I used a heaping tablespoon of kosher salt. After they are fork tender, drain off the access water. Line a baking sheet with foil and coat with a non stick spray. Place potatoes on the baking sheet.
Perfect time to pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees. Grab a large spoon to smash down your potatoes just a little bit. You'll want the potatoes to still have some shape and form to them. Now it's time to dress your potatoes with favorite topping for your loaded baked potato. I added some butter, shredded cheese, a few sprinkles of crispy bacon and some pepper. Place them in the oven for a good 5 to 7 minutes until the cheese is just oozing down the sides. Remove from the oven and eat them as the perfect side to your favorite entrée.
Loaded Smashed Potatoes
The Perfect Side
2 Large Russet Baking Potatoes
1 Tablespoon of Kosher Salt
1 Cup of Shredded Cheddar Cheese
8 Tablespoons of Butter
2 Crispy Bacon Strips
1 Tablespoon of Fresh Cracked Black Pepper
1, Wash your potatoes well and slice them into 1in pieces.
2. Place the cut potatoes into a pot and fill with water to boil on a medium high heat for 15 minutes or until fork tender. Add a generous amount of salt to flavor the potatoes.
3. Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees.
4. Line your baking sheet with foil and coat with a non stick spray.
5. With a large spoon smash down each potatoes just a little bit.
6. Top your potatoes with butter, shredded cheese, a few sprinkles of crispy bacon and pepper. Place them in the oven for 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy as the perfect side.
Try my recipe and come back to tell us all about it!