Pancakes are notorious for making you feel blotted or just plain tired. If your a pancake lover, but hesitate to make them because of how they make you feel...Well these are perfect for your breakfast or to just give you a boost before your cardio workout. They are light and fluffy, gluten free and won't make you feel sluggish. Surprisingly most of the ingredient used in these pancake are a great source of energy.
Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Pancakes
Recipe For Pancake Mix
Pancake Mix (12 Count)
2 Cups of Ground Oatmeal
1/8 Cup of Organic Ground Chia Seeds
1/8 Cup of Organic Ground Quinoa
1/8 Cup of Organic Coconut Palm Sugar
1/2 Cup of Organic Almond Flour
1 Tablespoon of Baking Powder
1 Tablespoon of Kosher Salt
1 Cup of Pancake Mix
½ Cup of Mashed Bananas or Applesauce
1 Cup of Almond Milk
1 Teaspoon of Vanilla
Fresh Sliced Bananas and Blueberries
1. Prepare pancake mix recipe in a bowl. Can be stored in an airtight container for up to 6 months, preferably in a cool place.
2. Combine Bananas or Applesauce, Milk, Vanilla and Egg all together. Add 1 cup of pancake mix to your egg mixture and combine well. Allow your mix to sit for a couple of minutes. You may want to add additional milk (optional).
3. Pre-heat your skillet or griddle to a medium heat. You can use a non-stick spray on your skillet or griddle…I used extra virgin olive oil.
4. Ladle or spoon your pancake mix onto the skillet or griddle and cook until you see air bubbles rise to the tops of your pancakes, before flipping to the other side. Once you flip the pancakes to the other side, cook for an additional 1 to 2 minutes.
5. Remove from skillet or griddle and top with your favorite fruit. I used fresh bananas, Organic blueberries and a Grade B Maple Syrup... Enjoy!
Try my recipe and come back to share your experience with us!