With a hint of Cinnamon and Cayenne
Well a friend of mine invited me to an event. I called her to find out what's on the menu...There was no mention about dessert, so I decided to make a "Brownie Banana Split Trifle" with a hint of cinnamon and cayenne added to the brownie. It was definitely a hit! Here's the recipe:
1 box of your favorite brownie mix add 1 Teaspoon of cinnamon + 1/2 Teaspoon of cayenne pepper
4 to 6 Large Strawberries (Sliced)
4 Large Bananas (Sliced)
1 16 oz Container of Marshmallow Creme
1 Can of Dulce De Leche
1 Small box of White Chocolate Instant Pudding
1 16 oz Container of Cool Whip (Room Temperature)
1 Cup of Toasted Pecans or your favorite nut
1/2 Cup of Fudge Topping ( I made a chocolate ganache, but a store bought fudge will be great too!)
1. Prepare your brownie mix according to the directions adding the cinnamon and cayenne pepper. Allow to cool. Cut into small squares to layer in your trifle bowl.
2. Toast pecans in the oven for 6 to 8 minutes at 400 degrees. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes. Cut into small pieces. Set on the side for layering.
3. Slice your strawberries and bananas and set on the side for layering.
4. Prepare pudding mix using only 1 cup of milk verses 2...then fold in with Whip Creme.
5. Remove the Dulce De Leche from the can and place in a microwave safe cup of bowl. Place in the microwave for 1 minute to loosen up. Add 1/2 cup of milk to make it creamy.
6. You'll need to microwave your marshmallow creme approximately 30 seconds to loosen up a bit.
7. Now it's time to layer your trifle. First start with the brownies, strawberries, bananas, nuts, marshmallow creme, cool whip and fudge...Repeat these layers again and top with a few nuts, strawberries and fudge.... Enjoy!
Try my recipe then come back to share your experience with us!