1 loaf of Challah Bread (Slice to desired thickness)
2 Cans of Evaporated Milk
1 Tablespoon of Cinnamon
3/4 Cup of Sugar
2 Teaspoons of Vanilla
1/2 of stick of Salted Butter ( Unsalted is an option)
1/2 Cup of Powdered Sugar (To Dust the Tops)
1/2 Cup of Maple Syrup or Honey
1. Combine all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Slice Challah Bread to your desired thickness. Place each slice in wet ingredient making sure to fully coat on both sides. It's important to soak wet ingredients into each slice.
3. Heat a non-stick skillet of griddle to a medium high heat and coat pan with salted butter. Unsalted butter is an option, I prefer salted. It adds a great balance to each slice.
4. Place each slice of the coated Challah Bread into the skillet or on the griddle and fry to a golden brown on each side.
5. Remove from skillet and plate, making sure to dust each piece with powdered sugar.
Tip: Pour powdered sugar through a sieve, sifter or small shaker to dust the French Toast.
Try my recipe and come back to share your experience with us....Enjoy!